Thursday, June 14, 2012

Juxtapoz, I love you

This week I got featured on Juxtapoz' blog. Thank goodness for Google Alert and Bei Badgirl for bringing it to my attention! <3

Completely speechless, I honestly didn't know how to react. I stared at the screen in disbelief for a while then proceeded to jump up and down screaming whispering woooo (people were sleeping)!


Photobucket

See? It means a lot to me.

Juxtapoz was the first art magazine full of art that resonated with me. It wasn't the art of dust filled museums. It's modern and more relate-able to our current culture. This was before i ever heard of low brow or pop surrealism.

The first issue I bought had the haunting work of Lori Earley on the cover. It was that moment, the summer before i started college, that i knew what i wanted. Not to draw graphic novels or a fashion designer, but to paint. Thank you Juxtapoz! Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Sashiko! You totally deserve the recognition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's so exciting, and you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete