Thursday, May 31, 2012

Comfort Queen

Comfort QueenComfort Queen, watercolor and graphite. 9x12 inches, 2012.

Adjusting to a new place is tough. Reading books and surrounding myself with art is the best way to get comfortable.

I feel like my work is building up to something and i'm excited to see where it goes. It was a lot of fun making such a detailed space for one of my ladies. I need her rad outfit and poster. If I were to have a surf/ rockabilly band it'd definitely be called "Oh hell yeah!"

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ;) glad you dig it cj. love your new pineapple sweater btw! so tasty!

      Delete
  2. Nice one, Sashiko! It's great being able to see where your ladies live. I love the little background details: the cat, the money, the matches.

    P.S. Don't forget to update the link to your shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. you could draw and paste that scene onto your window. hahaha, problem solved!

      Delete
  4. yes, fruit boobs aren't very common on earth. probably because the rate of decay on this planet is much faster. hm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a little pink record player.

    ReplyDelete