Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Folk Life

I'm slowly surrounded by folk life. It gently sings to me in the waking hour. It fills my heart with promises of rustic cabins and a warm spot by the fire. My eyes fill with light as the sun sets and a lantern guides me through the dew covered forest.

A huge part of this inspiration is this cabin fever I've been suffering from. However the load is made a lot lighter by Grimm's Fairytales, handsome folk musicians, and the work of Becca Stadtlander.

Becca Stadtlander is an amazing artist. She recently graduated art school for illustration. She weaves a magical scene reminiscent of Folk art and Japanese prints. Her work holds a spot in my heart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She marries colors both dark and vibrant, creating iconic imagery. Her portfolio is absolutely stunning, i dare you to go look.

Her prints are also amazingly affordable.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, her art is so awesome! I especially like the second one, there's something very retro about it. The trees remind me of the design on my moms plates, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the third one. It looks just like a dream I had. Except my family's silhouettes were in the windows (turning into melty people).

    It is kinda retro. Light an airy, almost like 70s illustration.

    ReplyDelete